[osgeo4w-dev] [Board] Writing up OSGeo priorities

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Mar 5 13:39:24 PST 2013

>  - Should we stay focused on just 32bit or add/switch to 64bit?

We should at least be planning for x64.

> - Do we continue to invest in the existing Cygwin derived
>   installer?

I don't think the cygwin installer is that bad (though it would greatly
benefit from a "filter as I type" widget). The amount of effort to built
a reliable set of "this is how to build an osgeo4w msi installer" guide
and tests would be significant, judging from the plethora of different
tools and guides available.

((hmmm, Wix looks interesting though,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1673578/best-tool-to-create-msi/))

cheers,