[osgeo4w-dev] Packaging the FYBA lib for SOSI-support in the OSGeo4W version of GDAL

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Oct 10 00:24:23 PDT 2013

Hi again

I am still searching for a solution for integrating GDALs SOSI driver into OSGeo4W (http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Packaging-the-FYBA-lib-for-SOSI-support-in-the-OSGeo4W-version-of-GDAL-td5050052.html
).
The SOSI driver works fine on Linux, translation of the documentation from Norwegian to English is ongoing (https://github.com/kartverket/fyba), and the license of the fyba-lib where the driver is based on suits the GDAL license.
The only thing missing is the build-system for the driver on windows. As mentioned earlier, I am not really a developer, but I might be able to solve this if only someone helps me getting started with building on Windows...
In the Norwegian context, being able to read and write SOSI format directly would be really a reasonable advantage compared to most proprietary GIS software (which cannot).

Best regards
Stefan

P.S.: See also: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/359