[osgeo4w-dev] installation stalls on downloading part

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Wed Sep 24 20:22:35 PDT 2014

Does anyone have suggestions on why the installer (32 or 64 bit) keep
stalling? The Downloading task keep stopping before the installer even gets
to 10%.   Happens for both Express and Advanced installs.

I'm running a Windows 7 laptop.  UAC is turned off.   I run
osgeo4w-setup.exe as Administrator.   Thanks for your help.

Also, are there other download sites I can use when downloading the Express
install?  Maybe my issue is a slow downloads.org site.

- John

John Callahan
Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey