[osgeo4w-dev] Including gvSIG on OSGeo4W

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Nov 26 08:32:35 PST 2015

Hi César,

On Thu, 26. Nov 2015 at 17:14:56 +0100, César Martínez wrote:
> Thanks Jürgen for the quick answer. Some more questions:

> - Where can I check which packages are currently included (e.g. the
> Java packages you mentioned)?

There is a package listing on https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackageListing

The generated lists are produced from the setup.ini that is created from the
setup.hint files that go along with the package files.

Those are in http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86/setup.ini for 32bit and
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/x86_64/setup.ini for 64bit.  That also
includes on what other packages each packages depends.

PackagingInstructions also have instructions how to invoke the setup.ini
updates.

> - Is it necessary a new version of OSGeo4W needed in order to add the
> gvSIG packages? Or are they automatically available if published on
> the OSGeo4W repository?

No, adding the packages and updating the setup.ini should be enough.  The
installer retrieves that current setup.ini and works with it.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode