[osgeo4w-dev] where to upload test packages?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Apr 19 07:09:12 PDT 2016

Hi Martin,

On Tue, 19. Apr 2016 at 15:11:35 +0200, Martin Landa wrote:
> I wonder where to upload test packages? I cannot find in it directory
> layout. Thanks! Martin

Depends on what you define a test package.  You can just upload a new package
and run regen without running promote.  That will only update setup_test.ini
that is only used when setup is invoked with the -t switch (which is what
setup_test.bat does).  It will have the new package available as update.
Beware that others might meanwhile run promote (eg. the nightlies).

Or you change the setup.hint of the package and add curr:, prev: and test: with
the version numbers of the current, previous and the version of the package to
want to make available for testing.   After running regen and promote the old
package (curr) will still offered by default, but the test version will be
available when you switch to Exp (last radio button) in the installer.

But in both cases the test packages go to the same directory as a regular
package would.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827