[osgeo4w-dev] Mailing list meta stuff

Müller, Andreas, Dr. phil. muellea at uni-trier.de
Wed May 24 00:41:58 PDT 2017

It is me, thank you!

Dr. Andreas Müller, FB VI, Kartographie
Am 24. Mai 2017, um 07:41, Matt Wilkie <maphew at gmail.com<mailto:maphew at gmail.com>> schrieb:
Hi Folks,

Although I'm barely even a lurker in terms of the Osgeo4W project these days I'm still one of the 2 mailing list administrators (the other is Frank Warmerdam, also a ghost).

This evening someone reached out because they were having trouble posting and even subscribing to the list. When I looked into it I discovered not only is the list quiet, it's also small: there are only 10 members at present. I thought the ratio of lurkers to participants was much larger.

Being small isn't necessarily a problem, this is a self-selected bunch organized by a shared interest. It is a problem though if the reason for small is because of over-zealous spam filtering! Please reach out to osgeo4w-dev-owner at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:osgeo4w-dev-owner at lists.osgeo.org> if this is you.

Matt
(...writing for the web archives as well as the list...)