[osgeo4w-dev] QGIS failed to start because QT platform plugin

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 24 07:56:02 PDT 2020

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, 24. Aug 2020 at 14:13:48 +0100, Pedro Venâncio wrote:
> Just for future reference, the issue was with C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin
> where there are some QT dlls.

> Path to RStudio is only present in ..-g7.env files. Are they necessary for
> anything?

Those come from the rbatch package - which is a grass dependency.  See
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-rbatch.

It should probably be optional and be sourced in the grass$V.bat or GRASS'
env.bat instead and not from etc/ini.

Did you install GRASS later?  If you installed it with QGIS it should have
affected both QGIS w/ and w/o GRASS.  I guess .env for QGIS w/o GRASS was
created clean because rbatch was not present yet.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de