[osgeo4w-dev] Problems with QGIS

Müller, Andreas, Dr. phil. muellea at uni-trier.de
Mon Sep 4 02:29:26 PDT 2023

Hi,
I've never seen this error before, but I suspect your DB file may be broken. I/O errors could also indicate a corrupt file system (on your hard drive), so you should check that first (right-click your drive in Windows Explorer and select Properties, then Tools).
To determine if the qgis.db file is corrupt, you can check this file as well. It's a SQLite database and contains tables for storing QGIS properties. Unfortunately, AFAIK Windows doesn't have a standard tool to open the SQLite file. But there are possibilities: 1. QGIS can open the db file, 2. there is a command line tool for qgis, sqlite3.exe, which can be used via the OSGeo4W shell, or you can install a third-party tool, e.g. the DB Browser for SQLite. By the way, the location is either: ".\osgeo4w\apps\qgis-ltr\resources" or ".\AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default". If the file cannot be opened with these tools, it is probably corrupt.

Maybe someone else knows how to replace qgis.db?

Dr. Andreas Müller - Universität Trier - FB VI
Geoinformatics – Spatial Data Science,
muellea at uni-trier.de
54296 Trier, Behringstr. 15, ++496512014576