[Osgeo4w-trac] [osgeo4w] #101: setup.exe doesn't understand .bz2 archives created by 7zip (and cygwin, gnuwin32?)

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Tue Aug 4 13:09:55 EDT 2009

#101: setup.exe doesn't understand .bz2 archives created by 7zip  (and cygwin,
gnuwin32?)
-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  maphew  |       Owner:  osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
    Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Version:          |    Keywords:
-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
 from http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeo4w-dev/2009-April/000530.html :

 "[earlier this year] I reported that setup.exe cannot unpack the tar.bz2
 created by 7zip. Today I can extend that lack of success to also
 include gnuwin32's bzip2. Surprisingly I'm pretty sure cygwin's own
 bzip2 also doesn't work though I didn't test this last on completely
 because I was tired of up/dnloading the same file over and over again.
 When I diff'd gnuwin32 and cygwin's output, the files were exactly the
 same.

 In the end I worked around the problem by uploading the non-working
 package to upload.osgeo.org, opening a remote shell on same, and
 unpacking & repacking using the tar & bzip2 on that machine.

 I found one other report of problems with 7zip and cygwin setup, but
 no illumination:
 http://www.nabble.com/Problem-making-a-package-td18701549.html"

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/101>