[Osgeo4w-trac] Re: [osgeo4w-dev] Re: [osgeo4w] #41: gdal16.dll not found

Paul Mallas pmallas at rsmas.miami.edu
Thu Jan 29 09:09:12 EST 2009

In my experience of the past two days, I think it might be a 64-bit
issue.  I installed several tools on my 64-bit and a 32-bit laptop in
the past two days (I even uninstalled and reinstalled both systems with
the advanced install tool exactly the same to test this) and got the
gdal16.dll and proj_fw.dll not found problem on my 64 bit machine only.
No problems on my 32 bit machine.

The work-arounds are easy: rename  proj.dll  to proj_fw.dll  and copy
the gdal16.dll from the binary distribution to c:\osgeo4w\bin on the
64-bit machine and everything works fine...