[Osgeo4w-trac] Re: [osgeo4w] #7: Root install directory problems with folders with spaces (e.g. "C:/Program Files/")

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 9 12:11:04 EDT 2009

#7: Root install directory problems with folders with spaces (e.g. "C:/Program
Files/")
Reporter:  jmckenna  |        Owner:  osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
    Type:  defect    |       Status:  new
Comment (by hamish):

 Hi,

 FWIW the MSys maintainers have made it clear that they
 [https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=102435&aid=1511614&group_id=2435
 will not support spaces in path names], nor accept patches fixing those
 issues.

 With some patches to msys.bat however it is possible to run built binaries
 from `C:\Program Files\` although other bugs are likely to surface.

 That is not to say that we should not attempt to fix these bugs in our own
 shell scripts and batch files anyway, as unquoted variables can certainly
 have much more important implications than failure to run from a foreign
 sounding path name.

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/7#comment:2>