[Osgeo4w-trac] Re: [osgeo4w] #13: Local Package Directory not set to %TEMP% - often uses inappropriate directories

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 28 11:32:44 EST 2010

#13: Local Package Directory not set to %TEMP% - often uses inappropriate
directories
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  moovida      |        Owner:  osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
    Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
Changes (by mwtoews):

  * summary:  "Local Package Directory" set to C:\Programmi\Mozilla Firefox
              => Local Package Directory not set to %TEMP% -
              often uses inappropriate directories

Comment:

 This problem shouldn't be too difficult to fix, but I just can't
 understand [http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/browser/trunk/setup/localdir.cc
 trunk/setup/localdir.cc] since it is uncommented.

 A Windows user's temporary directory is found using the system variable
 %TEMP% (run this from the Start menu, and the folder will be brought up).
 For example, on my WinXP computer, this is
 C:\DOCUME~1\STATIO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp, but this changes for each
 platform/user. There are benifits to using this directory, namely that it
 gets "cleaned up" by the OS periodically and is transparent and "hidden"
 from the user.

 How can the default for the local package directory be changed in
 trunk/setup/localdir.cc to be set to %TEMP% ?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/13#comment:3>
OSGeo4W <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w>