[Live-demo] unclear on instructions for setting up a USB of Live-demo . . .

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 05:21:43 PDT 2011

Alex wrote:
> Also make sure to use the "mini" image to make a usb stick
> there is a known bug in the full iso that may cause it not
> boot which we haven't had a chance to fix yet.

Hi,

just to note two other bugs in the 4.5 release just found and
fixed in svn (both trunk & the 4.5 release branch):

Problem: gpsdrive Mapnik/OpenStreetMap rendering broken
Reason: renaming of Natural Earth layers late in the rc cycle. oops
Solution: edit ~/.gpsdrive/osm.xml and change "10m-urban-area"
 to "10m_urban_areas".

Problem: welcome message never appears
Reason: i18n efforts trod on copying the script to where it
 needed to be. oops
Solution: copy ~/gisvm/desktop-conf/welcome_message.sh into
 /usr/local/share/osgeo-desktop/

I expect those two, plus the Windows installer filename problem
can be hand edits to the primary VM image, and a new full-build
would not be not necessary. (I hope)

Hamish

ps- zygrib now has a quickstart, so we are 100% for those now.
(copy editing requested)
(do check out the CAPE instability [tornado/tstorm predictor] for
the S.E.rn USA currently.. some 1000s of J/kg .. ouch)