[Live-demo] [Board] OSGeo-Live as an official OSGeo project

James Klassen jklassen at sharedgeo.org
Fri Sep 19 15:27:37 PDT 2014

On Sep 19, 2014 3:30 PM, "Cameron Shorter" <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 19/09/2014 7:09 am, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>
>> Also, speaking of OSGeo-Live, has anyone spoke to you about making
OSGeo-Live an official OSGeo project?  (incubation, etc etc)  If you think
this calls for a new email thread I am fine with that.

> Jeff,
> We have discussed running OSGeo-Live through incubation in the past, but
as yet haven't initiated the process.
> With regards to passing incubation, I think we would find it easier than
most, as we have been drawing very heavily from OSGeo processes as we have
built the project.

> I'm interested to hear thoughts from others from OSGeo Live on this
proposal.

I never even thought about OSGeo Live being an official OSGeo (software)
project that would go through incubation.  I always assumed it was a
project of OSGeo (as in an activity of OSGeo).