[Live-demo] welcome to OSGeo incubation!

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:19:26 PST 2017

I would like to welcome the OSGeo-Live project to the incubation process; I
have volunteered to be your mentor (sign up to the email list and answer
any questions that come up).

The key thing for incubation is have a chance to review how the project
works, emphasizing being geospatial, open source, and fair :) While that
may sound simple/obvious it can take a bit of work and we are glad to help.

To start out with can I invite everyone to read the Project Graduation
Checklist
<http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html>,
we will be making a copy of this (preferably on your wiki) and going
through it together. Incubation can be done very quickly, and I am hopeful
that the OSGeo Live project can set a new standard.

Please note that as your mentor I am also available for private email, some
of the issues we touch on during incubation may be sensitive in nature and
we would like to treat them with respect.
--
Jody Garnett