[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive Cloud -- (was Budget 2019)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:49:32 PST 2019

During the FOSS4G Oceania community day, Bruce Anger and John
Hildebrandt made great progress toward running OSGeoLive in AWS.

Bruce's notes are here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Hix3gAlOkbpyBj9EjOza-JLMEvS6l135Z-Hpuw7ZlU/edit?ts=5bf77367

James, your points are valid when considering setting up a production
server. However, if we initially limit the target use case to a
workshop/demo type setting, with nothing on the VM to be considered of
value, then I assume security should be able to be ignored.

(A future iteration could address security).

Brian, I probably should have been more specific about the use case I
was suggesting.

Cheers, Cameron

Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254