[OSGeoLive] Docs, Presentation and Builds

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 12:53:34 PST 2019

Hi all,

Just to follow up on the missing presentation discussed in the thread at [1]. This should be fixed in master and can output be found online at the staging site [2].
Is it worth considering deploying directly using Travis to https://live.osgeo.org/ - perhaps only when a tag is applied, after a manual review, rather than on every merge?
This would reduce any requirement for manual builds and deploys.

There is however a make_presentation.sh script in the repository [3]. Is this still used and required to add to the docs generated by Sphinx? If so it should probably be added to the Travis CI.

Just to note I' ve added a pull request [4] to setup Appveyor Windows builds for the docs. Appveyor also saves a zip of the output so pull requests can be checked without having to build locally.

One final question - are there plans to update Sphinx from version 1.6.5? There is now a version 2.2.1. I can take a look at this if there is a consensus to update to a newer version.

Regards,

Seth

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeolive/2019-November/014391.html
[2] https://osgeo.github.io/OSGeoLive-doc/en/index.html