[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive starting build cycle for OSGeoLive 15.0

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 05:42:25 PDT 2022

Hi all,

I did a first test today to build a nightly iso from the Lubuntu 22.04
beta image that is available online:
https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/22.04/beta/

My working tree right now is:
https://github.com/kalxas/OSGeoLive/tree/jammy

The build failed but not in a spectacular way.
I will post more updates when available.

Best,
Angelos

On 3/8/22 20:31, Astrid Emde (OSGeo) wrote:
> 8.  March 2022
>
> Are you interested in joining our Open Source GIS experience? The
> build cycle for the next OSGeoLive release 15.0, is going to start.
> Version 15.0 will use Lubuntu 22.4 [1] The final version is planned to
> be ready in August 2022. Have a look at our schedule for the detailed
> steps [2].
>
> Till then we have many challenges - from simple to challenging, to
> help describe and train people in the value of Open Source GIS.
>
> For this release, we hope to help OSGeo Community projects join
> OSGeoLive, and work out how we can keep within our size constraints.
>
> You are welcome to join our team!
>
> Are you a programmer or packager with experience in one of the Open
> Source GIS applications? Are you a technical writer interested in
> making FOSS4G accessible to all? Are you interested in helping update
> translations to latest documents on Transifex [3] [4]?
>
> Tech writers from The Good Docs Project [5] have offered to write or
> update quickstarts for us. If you'd like your quickstart updated, then
> reach out to us.
> Contact us
>
> If you would like to add a new project, help us to get in the cloud or
> have another goal you would like to work on and get involved you are
> very welcome.
>
> Please join the OSGeoLive mailing list [7] or meet us on IRC at our
> weekly meeting.
>
> About OSGeoLive
> --------------------------
> OSGeoLive (​​http://live.osgeo.org) is a ​Lubuntu based distribution
> of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual
> Machine and USB. You can use OSGeoLive to try a wide variety of open
> source geospatial software without installing anything.
>
> OSGeoLive team
>
> [1] ​https://lubuntu.me/
>
> [2]
> ​​https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO6zzmLFfprZGgp5x7Sjwi-EVN6NTGDR4KXvFVtNpR0/edit?hl=en_GB&hl=en_GB#gid=0