[OSGeoLive] OSGeoLive Version 15 rc1 is planned for Tuesday 9. August - feature freeze on Friday 4. August

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 02:38:19 PDT 2022

Hi Luca,

The plan is to release 15.0rc1 this weekend and this will probably be
the version shipped to FOSS4G (unless we need an urgent rc2). The
release candidate might be called final before the conference if no
major bugs are reported in the following days/weeks (depends on
volunteer work to test it).

The September timeline for the documentation is to give more time to
translators to work and include the code sprint opportunity.
Since the documentation is included in the disk as a debian package we
will issue a package update after rc1, so users will get final
translations through apt upgrade.

I know the above plan is a bit confusing, but we are trying really hard
to meet the deadlines.

Best,
Angelos

On 8/3/22 22:17, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> Il mer 3 ago 2022, 19:31 Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> Translations will continue until the final release at the end of september.
>>
> Sorry I didn't follow deeply the release timeline but from this sentence it
> seems that OSGeoLive 15 will be released before after FOSS4G, did I
> understand correctly?
>
> Best regards
> Luca

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD