[OSGeoLive] #2342: Some OpenLayers examples shows "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed" when loading GeoJSON file

OSGeoLive trac_osgeolive at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 18 17:44:05 PDT 2022

#2342: Some OpenLayers examples shows "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed" when
-----------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  sanak      |       Owner:  osgeolive@…
     Type:  task       |      Status:  new
Comment (by sanak):

 This issue seems to be solved on OSGeoLive 15 alpha1 by checking the
 following example.
 * http://localhost/openlayers/examples/extent-interaction.html

 I confirmed that {{{/etc/mime.types}}} now includes the following geo (or
 3d) related formats,
 {{{
 :
 application/geo+json                            geojson
 application/geo+json-seq
 application/geopackage+sqlite3                  gpkg
 application/geoxacml+xml
 :
 application/gltf-buffer                         glbin glbuf
 application/gml+xml                             gml
 :
 }}}
 and I guess that those seem to be supported from debian bullseye
 [https://packages.debian.org/en/bullseye/media-types media-types].

 (Because previous debian buster [https://packages.debian.org/en/buster
 /mime-support mime-support] - {{{mime.types}}} doesn't include above
 formats.)

 Each type definitions seem to come from iana.org.
 * [https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/geo+json
 application/geo+json]
 * [https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/geo+json-seq
 application/geo+json-seq]
 * [https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-
 types/application/geopackage+sqlite3 application/geopackage+sqlite3]
 * [https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/geoxacml+xml
 application/geoxacml+xml]
 * [https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/gltf-buffer
 application/gltf-buffer]
 * [https://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/gml+xml
 application/gml+xml]

 Currently, {{{bin/install_desktop.sh}}} appends some entries to
 {{{/etc/mime.types}}},
 https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_desktop.sh#L193-L235

 so, it may be better to adjust the part. (For example, {{{.sqlite}}} and
 {{{.osm}}} seem to be duplicate.)
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/ticket/2342#comment:3>
OSGeoLive <https://live.osgeo.org/>