[OSGeoLive] OSGeo Live as a service in a virtualised environment (LDAP, etc.)

James Klassen jklassen at sharedgeo.org
Tue Sep 13 11:13:56 PDT 2022

I’d also suggest to be very careful from a security perspective if this is
going to be on an open network.  OSGeo Live is setup to be easy to get
started with, not setup to be internet hardened.  There are many services
running by default, many well known passwords, almost everything runs as a
single user, etc.  This may or may not be an issue depending on your
environment and use case.

I’m not sure what you mean by LDAP integration, but that is something you
would probably want to do at the OS level (PAM) as well as setup for
various applications (GeoServer, Apache, PostgreSQL, …) if you are really
trying to achieve a single sign on experience.