[OSGeoLive] OSGeo-Live at Geolivre 2023

Vicky Vergara vicky at erosion.dev
Thu Oct 12 11:21:14 PDT 2023

Hi Luis
Unfortunately my efforts have been only on the html.
No latex, no pdf, only html
Haven't even tried to create a latex version.

To build (all the documentation):
Install python requirements
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/.github/workflows/deploy-pages.yml#L34

mkdir -p build
cd build
# this will build english and spanish
cmake -DHTML=ON -DES=ON  ..
make
cd ..
# this will cleanup duplicate images
bash scripts/clean-images.sh

>From there the presentation is only one file you can get this file(s)
build/_build/html/en/presentation.html
build/_build/html/es/presentation.html
(and the _images directory)

You can edit that final result and create a Portuguese translation.
The majority to be translated are the speaker notes
Very little titles are to be translated.

If you are presenting I recommend that you only translate titles, and just
study the speaker notes.

As Astrid mentioned, Portuguese is only 12% translated
https://weblate.osgeo.org/projects/osgeolive/#languages
We need a minimum of 33% to include it in the documentation.
Maybe during your presentation you can encourage people that can help
translate to give a hand.
They need an OSGeo id
https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/osgeo_userid/

Regards