[Oskari-user] Geospatial 4326 to 3067

Mäkinen Sami (MML) sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Nov 8 04:21:17 PST 2018

?Hi,

You can define your custom appsetup that has the projection you want to use. The best way to do this is using the oskari-server-extension template (https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server-extension-template). Here's are examples for sites we maintain:

- paikkatietoikkuna: https://github.com/nls-oskari/kartta.paikkatietoikkuna.fi

- arctic-sdi: https://github.com/arctic-sdi/oskari-server-extensions

- elf: https://github.com/elf-oskari/oskari-server-extensions

The things you want to modify are under app-resources/src/main/resources? for most of these like https://github.com/nls-oskari/kartta.paikkatietoikkuna.fi/tree/master/app-resources/src/main/resources

You can define the custom appsetup like this (map options like projection setting is highlighted): https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server-extension-template/blob/master/app-resources/src/main/resources/json/views/myapp-geoportal.json#L17-L25. This JSON lists the functionalities (== bundles) that will be used in the application and the optional configurations that can be tuned to fit the application like the projection. Note that changing the JSON does nothing after the application has been initialized (Jetty has been started with the custom app). So if you don't get it right the first time you need to drop the database, change the json and start Jetty again. Here's also a some notes for manually updating the map options in the database for existing appsetups: http://oskari.org/documentation/configuring_map_projection

If you want to support user generated content like my places, userlayers and analysis features you also need to configure GeoServer. There's an app for that ;) Check the last part on this page http://oskari.org/documentation/configuring_map_projection for using the setup webapp to automatically configure GeoServer. It will generate the oskari namespace/workspace, configure stores and layers and inject the SLD styles to GeoServer using GeoServer REST API.

So what you want to do is:

1) setup an oskari-server-extension for your application

2) define the appsetup.json for initial database content that has the projection, extent, zoom levels you want

3) run the setup.war and give it EPSG:3067 as input

Let me know if there something that needs to be clarified. This probably doesn't make everything clear for you, but guess it helps asking some follow-up questions.

         Sami