[Oskari-user] Discussion channels for Oskari

Sanna Jokela sanna at gispo.fi
Wed Sep 5 23:00:37 PDT 2018

Hi!

OSGeo incubation committee has been worried about activity levels in
Oskari's community and that the communication is not that open (and this
user-list has not been used a lot - one reason being that all the
discussion is in Slack and between developers the other being that people
haven't even registered here), so I started to think how the OTHERS are
doing it :)

All communication should be diverted here and I'm working on it to bring
this email-list more visible for Oskari users, but since email is email, we
have also instant messaging services.

I noticed that GeoNode is using Gitter instead of Slack for instant
messaging and this is open for all - have we had any discussion about
Gitter-use? Have you used it? Should we use it?  https://gitter.im/

It says in Gitter pages that:
"Let your community be discovered! With Gitter, everyone can find your
community in our directory and via search engines."

The problem with Slack is that it is not open as such, although we are not
preventing anybody to join in.

This was just a thought, please fill me in if there is some obstacles in
this thought line :)

Br,

--
Sanna Jokela