[Oskari-user] Discussion channels for Oskari

Sanna Jokela sanna at gispo.fi
Thu Sep 6 03:49:09 PDT 2018

Hi again, sorry for spamming!

Tested Gitter with Sami: https://gitter.im/oskariorg/chat

And it is quite ok, but has some issues in the mobile side as said (no
edit-possibility on android and Sami said that iphone x did not have mobile
app). Other wise it was suitable for normal instant messaging. And
everybody can see the chats without signing in.

It seems that the Slack-discussion has now ceased after NLS-FI own projects
started to use Rocketchat (along with Oskari PSC & Joint Development
Forum). The summer time might be also an issue, but I think it is due to
having two different channels (people don't know what channels to use). But
still the total silence in Slack is quite odd, since there are other people
also involved in Slack than NLS-FI personell :)

What does the Oskari Community you want to do?

a) Abandon Slack and start using Gitter for open fast discussion, you can
test it here: https://gitter.im/oskariorg/chat
b) Continue using Slack and #codecorner channel, but automate the
registration process: https://oskari.slack.com/messages/C0268FWEQ/

I'll ask this also through Slack.

Br,
Sanna