[Oskari-user] Oskari release 1.55.x

Mäkinen Sami (MML) sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Apr 8 07:14:48 PDT 2020

Good news everyone,

I know it's been quiet for some time and we are a bit late on the estimated schedule of early march for version 1.55.0 but as the most excited followers have discovered we released 1.55.0 over a week ago.  However I have not sent a mail about this earlier as we almost immediately noticed some issues with the release and got feedback for some other concerns. These issues have been since hotfixed to the point that we released version 1.55.2 for Oskari-frontend and Oskari-frontend-contrib yesterday and 1.55.1 for Oskari-server today. The sample app version 1.2.1 was also released today to use the latest Oskari release. We improved it by updating the new layer listing and admin functionality replacing the old one and added an option for easily adding a 3D view on the sample app by activating an additional Flyway-module in oskari-ext.properties.

We have the latest version available on GitHub (https://github.com/oskariorg), Oskari.org Maven repository and on the download link in Oskari.org (https://oskari.org/download). As always you can take a peek at the latest at https://demo.oskari.org/ Here's the release notes:
oskari-frontend
1.55.2

  *   Fix issue with styles on user generated content (myplaces and userlayer layers)
  *   Fix visual/layout issues with map scalebar and index map
  *   Update OpenLayers 6.2.1 -> 6.3.1
  *   Restore an undocumented option for MapMoveRequest to work with just giving bounds without center coordinates. No documentation added as we don't recommend using MapMoveRequest without mandatory x and y coordinates. As bounds can be used to adjust viewport (location and zoom) as only parameter we will probably move this possibility to another request in the future.

1.55.1

Main reason for this hotfix was a problem with a vector tile styling library that prevented vector tile layers from being rendered (fixed in https://github.com/openlayers/ol-mapbox-style/pull/262).

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-frontend/milestone/25?closed=1

Updates to libraries:

  *   OpenLayers 6.1.1 -> 6.2.1
  *   ol-mapbox-style 5.0.2 -> 6.1.1
  *   React 16.11.0 -> 16.13.0
  *   Styled-components 4.3.2 -> 5.0.1
  *   React-beautiful-dnd 12.0.0 -> 13.0.0
  *   mobile-detect 1.4.3 -> 1.4.4
  *   Removed html-to-image

Other changes:

  *   Changed implementation for mapmodule.getScreenshot() to restore support for IE
  *   Removed misleading old/deprecated documentation/files
  *   Fix how supported projections for layers are shown on admin-layereditor

1.55.0

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-frontend/milestone/22?closed=1

New bundle for layer administration: admin-layereditor

  *   Currently integrated with layerlist bundle (the React-based layerlisting option) but works with the Oskari request/event API and so can be easily integrated with other layer listing bundles as well
  *   LayerModelBuilders now provide information about the layer data they require to function and the fields shown for specific layer type depends on that
  *   Also the layer types and versions for layer types that can be managed by the admin is based on layer plugins so this is more extendable approach than before
  *   Validation is based on mandatory fields metadata provided by server so the frontend can tell the admin if the server will accept the layer info or not before trying to save it
  *   Error handling is much better when adding layers. Reasons for problems are communicated more clearly and in more detail (timeouts, unexpected response from server and what the admin can try to resolve these)

3D:

  *   Added a tool/plugin that can be used to control time on the 3D mapmodule. This will affect time in Cesium.js so mostly shadows/sun position at this stage. Time is controllable with the request/event API so RPC can be used for this as well.
  *   Added a tool/plugin that can be used to control camera for accessibility when mouse/touch dragging is challenging
  *   SetTimeRequest for 3D mapmodule controlling date/time for shadows etc

React components

  *   Moved common components and utility to src/react (previously under a bundle)
  *   Added Message component for showing localized UI texts
  *   Added Messaging component for showing notifications (might be renamed to avoid confusing it with Message component)
  *   LocalizationComponent for providing a localizable field for each supported language (common component with admin functionalities)
  *   Added a sample bundle for documentary purposes: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-frontend/blob/develop/bundles/sample/mymodernbundle/

Other fixes/improvements:

  *   Fixed an issue with infobox on Firefox: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-docs/issues/157
  *   Added support for adding multiple custom styles for vector layers in preparation for allowing user to save them (WFS-styles the end user can modify are currently runtime only)
  *   Fixed publisher tool layout options
  *   Fixed issue with indexmap
  *   Fixed some issues with geolocation tracking functionalities
  *   Publisher now has a "copy to clipboard" functionality like the link tool
  *   Allow download of feature data table for user generated content (my places/userlayer)
  *   Added icelandic translations
  *   Improvements/fixes for statistical data searches/data fetching/diagram
  *   Added text overflow support for vector feature label styling

Oskari-server
1.55.1

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/milestone/24?closed=1

  *   Added bundle registrations for new bundles: admin-layereditor and layerlist
  *   Fixed metadata id and legend image handling on server-side for admin-layereditor
  *   Fixed user content/temporary features input for analysis
  *   Additional permissions checks added for analysis

1.55.0

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/milestone/21?closed=1

WFS integrations:

  *   Improvements for error handling on WFS integrations (missing schemas and handling unexpected output formats etc)
  *   Transport related code has been mostly removed from the server code base and will continue to be removed
  *   Database tables used by transport have been removed with relevant content migrated: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/pull/509

Layer admininistration:

  *   new helpers and action route (LayerAdmin) added for the new map layer admin functionality UI (Old ones will be deprecated and removed in a future release)
  *   Adding layers with LayerHelper from Flyway migrations now uses the same JSON-format, validations and functionality as the new admin UI
  *   We will continue refining these so they are subject to change in the near future still (at least capabilities handling needs some cleanup)
  *   GetHierarchicalMapLayerGroups action route can now be used to fetch layers based on id (instead of always returning whole set of layers)
  *   GetAllRolesAndPermissionTypes action route has been renamed LayerAdminMetadata

Imported datasets (userlayer):

  *   GPX imports are now read using custom parser implemented in Java (working towards removing an extra step of installing GDAL for Oskari-server)
  *   Error handling improved for invalid userlayer imports, inconsistent data and styling improvements
  *   Feature attributes are now sorted based on the imported dataset

Statistical data integrations:

  *   Multiple improvements for parsing statistical data from PXWeb data sources
  *   Improvements on handling cached data for indicator lists

Technical changes for enabling server clustering:

  *   Allow persistent user sessions with Redis. Configuration: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/pull/491
  *   Add health and status urls with customizable health checks: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/pull/493

Other:

  *   Bundle registrations and link param handlers for 3D related bundles added (enabling apps to use these more easily)
  *   Fix properties configuration and added some URL-parsing methods for IOHelper
  *   Layer coverage information improvements. We identified some problem points and added error handling.
  *   Unnecessary logging removed
  *   Removed dependencies that were no longer used
  *   Updated libraries

Happy updating and stay safe,
          Sami