Interesting Article, great presentation

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Oct 6 12:26:14 EDT 2006

Hey folks,

Thanks to everyone who came out to last night's meeting. We had some
good food, drinks and chat. A Special thanks to Mike Adair for his
presentation on the community mapbuilder project.  Despite the change in
presentation method he did a great job.  Thanks.

I would like to point out a recent article by directions mag that
highlights some of Canada's involvement in the Open Source GIS world.
Also interesting are the user comments found at the bootm. I think this
provides interesting perspectives from the private sector successes,
Government Support and future challenges of geoconnection funding (see
independent consultant comments on success of projects).

Article: http://www.directionsmag.com/article.php?article_id=2194&trv=1

We have mentioned some of the key players in open source GIS here in
Ottawa that are also part of the local OSGEO chapter.

Enjoy the read and feel free to comment.

Cheers