Fwd: GIS Day Speaker

Scott W Mitchell smitch at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Oct 10 15:42:48 EDT 2006

Does anybody have suggestions for an "inspirational speaker" for
Carleton's GIS Day events (see below) ?

Also, should we try for an OSGEO presence?  I don't think there's any
problem with me requesting that OSGEO Ottawa could have some space,
but we'd need to figure out what form the presence could/should take.

I'll forward details about the event when I get it in case anyone
wants to just attend/pass on the info, too.

Cheers,
Scott

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Steve Prashker <steve_prashker at carleton.ca>
> Date: October 10, 2006 13:20:51 EDT (CA)
> To: doug_king at carleton.ca, dpatters at connect.carleton.ca,
> smitch at connect.carleton.ca, cearl at ccs.carleton.ca
> Cc: michael_brklacich at carleton.ca
> Subject: GIS Day Speaker
>
> Hi All
> Do you have any ideas on who we can contact to give an address to
> inspire young people for GIS Day this November 15? We struck out on
> Marc Garneau and David Phillips - so any other high profile speaker
> suggestion would be appreciated. Cheers...Steve
>
> <(©¿©)>  <(©¿©)>  <(©¿©)>  <(©¿©)>  <(©¿©)>  <(©¿©)>
> Steve Prashker
> Instructor/GIS Lab Manager/Practicum Coordinator
> Department of Geography & Environmental Studies
> Carleton University, Room A239 Loeb Building
> 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario  K1S 5B6 CANADA
>
> Phone:  (613) 520-2600 ext. 2709
> Fax:            (613) 520-4301
> Email:          steve_prashker at carleton.ca
>
> "If you want the job done right, do it yourself!" <(©¿©)>

----
Scott Mitchell, Assistant Professor, Carleton University
Department of Geography & Environmental Studies, Loeb B443A
& Geomatics and Landscape Ecology Research Laboratory, Nesbitt 340
Mailing:  Loeb B349, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6 Canada
+1-613-520-2600 x2695 Fax: +1-613-520-4301 Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca