[Ottawa_users] GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Wed Dec 5 08:56:10 EST 2007

Hi Scott,

6pm?

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Scott Mitchell
Sent: December 4, 2007 8:35 AM
To: Ottawa OSGEO
Subject: [Ottawa_users] GRASS/QGIS workshop - Dec. 12 (!)

I've agreed with Dave to host a GRASS and QGIS workshop as our local
activity this month.  Due to timing issues between our end of term student
needs and Dave's schedule, we've settled on next WEDNESDAY, Dec 12 for the
event.  Please note this has changed from the Dec 13 previously posted on
the Wiki - sorry for the confusion.

Dave, Phil, and I will make sure the lab is in shape this Thursday.
If anyone is interested in learning about COMPILING GRASS, you're
welcome to come join us, but this will not be the "official" event.
Drop me a line privately if GRASS compilation or Linux software installation
interests you.

Next Wednesday, we'll start in the GIS lab in Loeb A237 at Carleton.
The Loeb building is near the south-west corner of campus - maps and some
parking guidance are posted on our wiki page (http://
wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Ottawa_Chapter#Next_Meeting).  OCTranspo also
serves the campus through the O-Train, and routes 4, 7, and 117.

After the hands-on session, we'll head to a pub for the social end of the
meeting.  I'm working on confirming a reservation, and will post the details
to the wiki when that's finalized.

Drop-ins are most welcome, but if you ARE planning to attend, an email to
smitch at mac.com would be appreciated, so I can anticipate confirmed numbers.

Cheers,
Scott