[Ottawa_users] [Slightly OT] Open Source Bootcamp

Andrew Ross grof at rogers.com
Tue Dec 18 18:52:29 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

Please pardon the slightly off topic message.

I'm hosting a free training mini-conference on January 10th (4-7pm) at
Carleton University (Technology & Training centre) called Open Source
Bootcamp (OSBC). The event is sponsored by Carleton, Talent First,
Carleton's Career Services organisation, and Ingres.

OSBC is designed to help people learn the skills needed to work with open
source. Each OSBC session will have a theme. OSBC1's theme is the bare
basics such as make, shell scripting, desktop applications (email/IM/etc.),
and more. Future themes include web development, the Eclipse framework,
development tools, programming with threads, secure programming, and more.

Talks are short... 22 minutes with a 5 minute question & answer period.
Complex topics will be broken up into multiple talks.

There's free food, free stuff, and more.

All are welcome. Students get priority if we overflow the 80 person room. If
you're interested in coming, please email me off list to register.

Thank you,

Andrew

p.s. I'm happily accepting volunteers to speak about a given topic. There's
a nice gift for speakers. If you're interested, please contact me off list.