[Ottawa_users] Proposal to expand Chapter

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 4 16:28:05 EDT 2007

Scott Mitchell wrote:
> At the same time, I would welcome a Canadian chapter, and imagine that
> many of us would be active in such a beast.  Maybe we could instead
> discuss how to get our colleagues across the country to get in involved
> in a NEW (additional) Canada chapter?

Scott,

I think it might be sufficient for the time being to establish a
canada at lists.osgeo.org mailing list for Canadians interested in addressing
Canadian issues.

If that mailing list feels there is a need for a more formal Canada wide
chapter, then that could be pursued.  For I'm not sure that degree of
formality would be of benefit.

If the idea has appeal, I can setup the mailing list.

Best regards,