[Ottawa_users] Proposal to expand Chapter

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 4 15:16:27 EDT 2007

On 4-Oct-07, at 11:39 AM, Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:

> I'll second scott's idea.  If people are feeling "left out", maybe we
> could provide assistance in starting other canadian local chapters,
> or a
> national one.

As a lurking Canadian on this list... I think you've hit it on the
head JF.  Ottawa local chapter can serve as an inspiration to other
regions/locales hoping to organise.  But it doesn't mean you need to
do anything different.

I'm in favour of having a Canada mailing list.  Dave is right, a
Canada-wide entity would be quite different.  Especially if you keep
in mind that at some point it may become important to have a Canadian
OSGeo incorporated (i.e. for receiving federal funds, etc.).  Of
course I'm speculating, but just wanted one example of how different
things could be.

Tyler