[Ottawa_users] Proposal to expand Chapter

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 5 16:23:06 EDT 2007

On 5-Oct-07, at 12:47 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I have not changed in my thinking.  I still see no good reason to
> not continue what we are doing locally in Ottawa, and be more
> inviting to the rest of Canada as the "Canada local chapter of OSGeo".

As with any local chapter, you'll need to try to enumerate the
breadth of people who are interested in making it happen.  If you are
still convinced there is value, then I suggest you help spearhead the
discussion on the main list and help populate the wiki page I just
started:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Canada

In the end, you may find that most people are from Ottawa anyway, but
I'm sure there will be others as well.  Maybe at some point smaller
regional groups could actually be sub/working groups under national
banners.

Tyler