[Ottawa_users] Proposal to expand Chapter

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Oct 9 10:21:39 EDT 2007

Tom et all,

This is not the first time in this tread someone has suggested a
National / local connection such as branches. This model works for me.

Perhaps when the GTA chapter gets up and going we'll have a few more
people to help guid the Canadian Chapter idea. For instance Ottawa and
GTA folks can help organize the national level.

Currently there are three people on the Canada page
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Canada). Two from B.C and one in
Ottawa.

I think that a good goal would be to get a rep from each prov / ter.
Also, in the case where a province might have one or more local chapters
then a chapter representative from each chapter would form a good basis
of a Canadian chapter. So if someone from the GTA gets on the Canada
page we'll have someone from Ottawa Chapter and GTA (future) chapter.

I find it interesting that as we are discussing possibily converting the
Ottawa chapter to a Candian chapter there is already work on a GTA
chapter.

So should this discussion also explore the holding off of the GTA
chapter formation to get all interested members involved in Canada with
a Canadian Chapter? If there is a need for a GTA then there might also
be a need for an Ottawa Chapter.

Cheers