[Ottawa_users] Canadian Chapter and other local groups

Dave Sampson samper.d at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:11:50 EDT 2007

Hey Gang,

Just noticed on the OSGEO discussion list there was a post concerning a
BC local chapter.

I think we should move forward on this whole issues so we can help some
grousp out or at least get something going. It looks like whether we do
something or not other chapters will be popping up across Canada.

So if we want to do the Canadian Chapter with local branches this might
be the time.

In fact, since it looks like another chapter is going to startup anyways
it's not relay up to the Ottawa chapter and I should move this
discussion to the Canadian list. It just sounded as though some people
were interested in the concept of doing something for FOSS4G at the
national scale.

So far on the Canadian page three of the six interested members are from
the Ottawa chapter. Perhaps this suggests that the interested parties
have already voiced their involvement. I just didn't want to issue to
die pre-maturely.

Any thoughts? Keep me posted if there is any more discussion to be had
here on this issue.

Cheers