[Ottawa_users] OSGeo workshops/etc.

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri Apr 17 11:58:52 EDT 2009

Hey Folks,

I had a request to include something about PYTHON in the GRASS workshop
or future workshops.

So this prompted me to drop a line to the local Python Author Users
group in town.

I have a topic for a presentation for any python wizards out there...
"sorting through all the python GIS possibilities"

There are lots...

And then there are libraries with python bindings.

And then there are plugin API's that allow for python.

So where would one start? I have gone in one direction, but it might not
be the best.

So I would like to learn, and perhaps there is interest in the group to
learn more too...

Before getting into python stuff, some people might need an intro to
python...

So, So So,.....

What: people in our group are interested in python,
	Ottawa has both a geosptail group and python group
So what: Could we have a series of presentations and workshops getting
users from Zero to scripting guru.

Now What: I would like to stay focused on some of the other workshops,
so is there someone who wants to learn about geo Python by organizing
all this?  You need to know nothing about python, but it would help if
you WANT to learn and share. Think of it as a small research project.

And something to check out is this video concerning geodjango
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOaimbSe6n8) for those who want to bring
python, GIS and the web together (for those Web 2.0 and mashup fans and
community mappers in the crowd).

Who is up for the challenge?

Cheers