[Ottawa_users] September meeting and OSM event

Sampson, David David.Sampson at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 27 11:46:28 EDT 2009

We were waiting hear back from the OSM folks.

We were thinking a joint meeting between OSM community and OSGEO community in Ottawa, but that can happen anytime realy.

I think there was a mapping event going on at the end of the month.

Are you suggesting that the OpenMocco has GPS capabilities? ... I could not find any reference other than photographic motion timelaps.... (http://openmoco.org)   Please provide ref if openMocco is offering GPS capabilities

Unless you are refering to (http://wiki.openmoko.org) which is geared at an Open source mobile phone software stack.... Which has an article about the Neo FreeRunner GPS (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GPS)

Cheers

________________________________

	From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of McOrmond, Russell
	Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 09:53
	To: Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter List
	Subject: RE: [Ottawa_users] September meeting and OSM event

	  Will there be spare GPS devices for the OSM event?  I haven't purchased mine yet (still haven't decided between a more common GPS device and an OpenMoco)

	  Is this something different than a mapping party that is being planned?

	---
	Russell McOrmond
	Corporate Applications Infrastructure Support | Soutien de l'infrastructure des applications corporatives
	Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada | Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
	1341 BASELINE ROAD TOWER 4, Floor 2, Room 338B | 1341 CHEMIN BASELINE TOUR 4, étage 2, pièce 338B
	Ottawa, ON | Ottawae (ON) K1A 0C5
	russell.mcormond at agr.gc.ca
	Telephone | Téléphone 613-773-1312
	Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-773-0500
	Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 613-759-7470