[Ottawa_users] Come to a great event, help people, win $500

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:18:45 EDT 2010

Cool,
It was just that your message did not include any context. :) There
wasn't a name/date location / subject... which is why it was
suspicious,  and the bit.ly link didn't give any hits eithor.   Sorry.

http://fosslc.org/drupal/content/managing-map-data-database

If the topic is Canada wide, feel free to use the
talk-ca at openstreetmap.org message list for it.
The OpenStreetMap Canada community consists of a wide-range of
backgrounds,  from weekend hobbyists to geocachers to federal /
provincial / regional GIS staff, and many who work with ArchGIS
and geospatial data from all types  during their day-jobs.

We can also create a national calendar of events (off of the Canada
page)  for people to see what's going on.

If the OSGeo-Ottawa community is willing to have more OSM-users
participate on the mailing list, this list can certainly be added to
the OSM Wiki for Ottawa as the main contact list.   ... rather than
having regional OSM mailing lists... why not just use what is
available already?   Since there is already alot of cross-interests,
this would probably be of great benefit.

Cheers,
Sam