[Ottawa_users] Linux Sys Admin Consulting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 1 23:41:05 EDT 2011

Folks,

I have a friend of a friend with a linux system they are setting up
for business purposes.  Though new to linux they have completed initial
setup, but have two fairly immediate needs:

1) to install a security certificate so they can use https properly.

2) to review the system configuration for security risks, and harden it.

The system itself is hosted by linode (http://linode.com) so work will
be done remotely.  But the fellow is in the ottawa area fairly often
at a satellite office and would like to work with the consultant on some
of the work so they understand what is going on.   I believe they are willing
to pay normal industry rates for the consulting work.  I don't imagine it
will be a *lot* of work, but there might be a bit of follow-on work.

So, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with appropriate skills who
is interested in pursuing this or who can suggest a reputable
consultant suitable for the task.

Best regards,