[Ottawa_users] GIS Day - save the date / invitation to participate

Scott Mitchell Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca
Wed Sep 4 08:15:26 PDT 2013

Geography Awareness Week and GIS Day are quickly approaching! I am writing on behalf of Carleton's GIS Day organizing committee today to let you know we'll be celebrating once again this year, and we extend an invitation for your participation.  The Department of Geography and Environmental Studies and the MacOdrum Library are planning information displays throughout Geography Awareness Week, with a day long celebration of presentations, seminars, displays, and events on GIS Day, November 20, hosted largely in newly renovated library facilities.  There will be  information booths, demonstrations, and lightning talks scheduled throughout the day.  We aim to provide a combination of celebration, networking, public outreach, education and fun!

At this point, we are contacting a combination of past participants and recently discovered colleagues to inform you of the date, and to request that you provide preliminary statements of interest in participating.  If you are able to make a non-binding statement of interest at this point, we would appreciate it, to help us gauge interest and plan accordingly.  At a later date (probably late September) we will ask people to make a committment and sign up for specific spots in our exhibition space.

To reply about your interest, or ask any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at gisday at carleton.ca

If you have already talked to one of us to give an initial expression of interest, you don't need to repeat it now, but feel free to send us additional updates at any time.

Thanks!

Scott Mitchell, on behalf of the GIS Day organizing team

Scott Mitchell
Geomatics Undergraduate Advisor
Department of Geography & Environmental Studies, and
Co-Director, Geomatics & Landscape Ecology Research Laboratory
Carleton University
Scott.Mitchell at carleton.ca