[owslib-devel] WMS stuff in feature/wfs100.py

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 04:27:56 PDT 2011

> Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:49:08 +0300
> From: sredl at ccss.cz
> To: tomkralidis at hotmail.com
> CC: owslib-devel at lists.sourceforge.net; jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
> Subject: RE: [owslib-devel] WMS stuff in feature/wfs100.py
>

> On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:30:27 -0400, Tom Kralidis wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am looking around the code and I found some WMS stuff in WFS
> >> files.
> >> Classes ServiceProvider and ContactMetadata in feature/wfs100.py
> >> look
> >> like they are trying to parse WMS 1.3.0 stuff, which is entirely
> >> different from what in the WFS 1.0.0 is... May be there is some
> >> more, I
> >> haven't checked it entirely.
> >>
> >> Kind Regards,
> >>
> >> Michal
> >>

> > FYI owslib is trying (in it's objects) to follow the OWS Common
> > approach to service metadata.  So you might see some shoehorning of
> > non OWS Common objects into OWS Common objects.
> >
> > Having said this, you are correct, owslib/feature/wfs100.py has
> > constructs which are not a part of WFS 1.0.0.  I will make these
> > fixes
> > and put forth owslib/feature/wfs110.py as well.
> >
> > ..Tom
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> currently I am working on the WFS 1.1.0 implementation and hopefully
> will have something working soon.
>
> You mention "the OWS Common approach to service metadata" - I have
> found some owslib interfaces in interfaces.py file and I am trying to
> follow them. Is there any dedicated standard regarding the OWS common
> approach to service metadata? If yes, could you please point me to that?
> If not, I wonder what do you mean, because reading through various
> standards and their different versions I find that actually they have
> very little in common :-) It's a pity thing though, it makes the whole
> stuff really messy.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Michal

Michal: FYI you can work against https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/owslib/browser/trunk/owslib/feature/wfs110.py (ticket https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/owslib/ticket/16).  Check out https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/owslib/browser/trunk/owslib/csw.py as an example of using owslib's OWS common support.

..Tom