[owslib-devel] wfs 1.1.0 client implementation

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:21:37 PDT 2012

hi,
thanks for your reaction (do not get much of them to these topic)

On 22.3.2012 11:02, Dominic Lowe wrote:
> Hi Tom, Jachym,
>
> My interpretation was that Jachym's proposal is to ALWAYS use minx,
> miny, maxx, maxy in the OWSLib api regardless of the order in any CRS
> (specified or not specified) - is that correct? And owslib sorts out the
> correct ordering 'under the hood'.

correct

> It makes sense I think - I suppose my only concern is that OWSLib now
> has to understand certain CRSs.

OWSLib has IMHO very good implementation of various formats and forms of
CRSs.

> What happens if a user wants to make a request for a CRS that is
> understood by the WFS, but not by OWSLib?  - this should still be
> possible so do we need to provide a mechanism for letting the user
> determine axis order in the case where the srs is not known to OWSLib,
> but is understood by the user and WFS?
>
> (e.g. a 'switchXY' boolean argument)

Agreed, but we would have to make deeper analysis of this issue. More
user parameters to getfeature() method would be good solution.

I'll try to prepare some patch and test it against some servers I have
at hand (mapserver, geoserver, something weird, integraph, ..) and will see