[OWSLib-devel] WFS 1.0.0 properties

Miles, Brian brian_miles at unc.edu
Tue Oct 9 19:46:25 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm using OWSLib 0.5.1 to query a 1.0.0 WFS web service (USDA soil data mart).  My queries fail unless I port over the following change in how properties are handled in wfs.getfeature(.) from wfs110.py:

if propertyname:
            request['propertyname'] = ','.join(propertyname)

(wfs110.py:211)

instead of:

request['propertyname'] = ','.join(propertyname)

(wfs100.py:184)

I don't know if this violates the WFS 1.0.0 spec.  If not, I'd like to suggest this as a revision.  Just let me know the process for doing so (opening a ticket on the GitHub site I suppose).  Sorry I'm a newby and my internet connection is spotty right now, so I can't look up the right way to do it.

Thanks,

Brian Miles
Doctoral Student
Department of Geography