[owslib-users] I'm looking for sources of sample code with regard to retrieving data

Dennis Shimer dshimer at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:19:57 PDT 2012

I am familiar with and reasonably proficient with python, but brand new to
owslib.  I have it installed and have issued a couple commands based on the
usage page so it seems to be working.  I have a list of steps that I would
like to accomplish and would be very grateful for any code examples that
would point me in the right direction. In my CAD system I can digitize a
bounding box in a particular standard projection in the end I would like to
pull down an arc ascii grid file in the same projection for the area
represented by the bounds.

I can...
Create the bounds.
Connect to the server: "
http://imselev.cr.usgs.gov:80/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap/USGS_EDC_Elev_NED
?"

I need to...
Send a properly formatted request
download the data in the projection and format necessary.

Thanks in advance for any pointers toward helpful information.
Dennis