[OWSLib-users] RuntimeError: Document is XML, but not CSW-ish

Julie Pierson julie.pierson at cnrs.fr
Mon Dec 14 07:24:56 PST 2015

Hi list,

I'm using csw.getrecords2 on several csw. For most of them, everything
works fine, but I encounter a problem for this one :
http://www.geocatalogue.fr/api-public/servicesRest?SERVICE=CSW

I get this error :
File "/mnt/python_modules/owslib/csw.py", line 680, in _invoke
     raise RuntimeError('Document is XML, but not CSW-ish')
RuntimeError: Document is XML, but not CSW-ish

I tried using the metasearch tool in QGIS and it works fine for this
same csw.

Does anyone know what may be the cause of this error ? Maybe I am
missing something obvious ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Julie.