[pdal] OSGeo #islandwood Sprint Activities Update

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:08:03 EST 2012

All,

I just wanted to give you an update on what's been done at the OSGeo #islandwood code sprint thus far.

I have implemented a drivers.text.writer driver that tries to be smart about output types based on what is given in the dimension (floats with precision, integer types).  Delimiter and quoting are configurable. Dimension selectivity is not, however, as this will come from another filter yet to be developed that allows a user to mark dimensions as active or not.  I hope to have that done by the end of sprinting tomorrow.

Pete Gadomski stood up a Jenkins [1] build bot for us at http://jenkins.pointcloud.org  We now have tests running for every push to github, and notifications are sent to both the pdal-commits email as well as #pdal on irc.freenode.net.  Thanks Pete!

Kirk McKelvey has been making huge progress on getting a Boost embedding strategy working with bcp as was discussed earlier.  The plan is to (hopefully) allow users to build with either a (newish) system boost, or the custom one that was extracted by bcp and shipped with PDAL. There may be some rough edges, but this stuff should be close by the end one the sprint.  I'm really excited by this -- compressing one developer's intense Boost deployment pain so all of us can benefit.  Great work Kirk!

Howard

[1] http://jenkins-ci.org