[pdal] unit test linkage

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Fri Mar 2 14:01:23 EST 2012

I think I see the problem-

pdaltest.exe contains main(), via an include from the boost unit test world.  main() references a boost function, unit_test_main(), which is contained in pdalboost.lib, which is no longer visible from / accessible by pdaltest.exe, due to the funky linkage constraints we now have.

Specifically, pdal.dll exports some pdal things, but not the underlying boost test functions.

Not yet sure how to fix this.  I can pull some code from boost test out into pdaltest.exe's source tree, but that just pushes the problem one level deeper.

I tried making an fakemain() inside pdal.dll, which calls the boost test code, and which is properly exported out to pdaltest.exe's world, but it still didn't link for some reason.

Will keep banging head against keyboard until it works.

-mpg