[pdal] Configuring PDAL basic core library on Unix

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon May 13 08:39:52 PDT 2013

On May 12, 2013, at 4:52 PM, Rory Sutton <s_rory at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Turning on XML2 gets the build configuration done without error, but the next step, running "make" on it, bombs on Colorization.cpp:

The issue is pcinfo isn't built because libxml2 isn't found. The cmake config test is backwards. I guess I'd never built without libxml2. Fixed.

> /home/rjs/pdal/src/filters/Colorization.cpp:200:1: error: prototype for ‘pdal::filters::iterators::sequential::Colorization::Colorization(const

This one is a result of not having GDAL configured. You'll probably want that, however. I have pushed a fix to allow it to compile w/o GDAL now, fixed.

> I'm new to PDAL and cmake, so this is probably due to some oversight or misunderstanding on my part.  I'm on Ubuntu 13.04 now, but this behavior was identical on Ubuntu 12.10.  Any clue will probably be rewarded by further questions.

Thanks for the reports!