[pdal] Help tutorial how use PDAL Libraries

Nicolas Mantelier nicolas.mantelier at spaceyes.fr
Thu May 30 05:52:28 PDT 2013

Hello everybody,

I try to use PDAL api for produced an OSG driver that allow to load
unlimited size of Lidar file.

Where can I have some example or tutorial,

I find http://www.pointcloud.org/tutorial/reading.html but not that I am
looking for.

I find http://www.lidarnews.com/content/view/8879/199/ pretty good one, but
don't know where and how, data is accessible; in PointBuffer ? in Schema ?

How render PDAL structure with OSG someone already working on it?

There is an equivalent to http://www.liblas.org/tutorial/cpp.html for pdal
api ?

More specific question:

I want to render my scene with octree, there is some spatial index which
allow to display fast a part of lidar file?

I see Bounds http://www.pointcloud.org/api/cpp/bounds.html but I don't know
if that work with index, or if all point is tested before render or not ?

If someone have example of simple code using PDAL and can give it to me. It
will be very find.

Regards,