[pdal] Obtaining "stats" without reading points

Kramer, Oscar OKramer at radiantblue.com
Wed Dec 3 07:51:23 PST 2014

Hi,

This is related to Michael's issue post here: https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/569. I need access to min/max bounds on quantities like intensity values, geographic bounds, etc (specifically in las files but should be generalized). I know those values are available in the las header. Yet it seems that to obtain these "stats", I need to employ a stats filter and read all the points. Is there another mechanism for quickly reading certain general properties (like bounds) that may be available from the header?

Thanks,
Oscar